Tile flooring is a cheaper alternative to stone and offer some of the advantages and disadvantages. Tile is made of clay or stone mixture. It’s less absorbent than wood, so it can be used in wet environments such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundry, but it can be cold and slippery underfoot. Tiles can also crack or chip. It is easier to install than stone because it is much easier to cut, but it’s not a job for beginners. Tiles are standardized scores on the hardness, durability, absorbency and wear. A traffic light is the most suitable tile for your bathroom, while extreme traffic rings will work better in your foyer. For a less expensive flooring that is easy to install yourself, experts recommend plastic floor (* est. $ 2 to $ 8 per square), but it’is not as nice as tiled.
Consumer Reports lists the advantages and disadvantages of a tiled floor, but not appreciate. We found a good general information on the tiled floor of the dealers and WolfeFlooring.com Lowes.com. Better Homes & Garden offers good real-word advice in two statements.
Ceramic tiles are increasingly popular choice among homeowners today. This is because although it is inexpensive, offers an exclusive look ceramic tile flooring, and is easy to maintain.
Advantages of ceramic tiles
- Ceramic tiles are affordable and best suited for the modern kitchen environments.
- Ceramic tiles look aesthetically pleasing and can be mixed with any decor and style.
- Ceramic floor tiles are easy to clean and maintain.
- Ceramic tiles are strong and durable because they are baked at high temperatures.
- They can withstand high temperatures and is not affected by the action of corrosive and acidic materials.
- Ceramic tiles are ideal for harsh environments and can not easily scratch kitchen (including pets).
- Ceramic tiles are versatile and come in different shapes, colors, patterns and textures to create a desired decor or to complement existing one.
- Ceramic tiles can come in various designs that can be made to look like expensive marble or travertine floor, giving your home a touch of class to a much lower cost.
- Ceramic tiles can be polished to a non-porous surface that does not leave room for bacteria and allergens to collect. This makes the surface hygienic, especially for children.
Disadvantages of ceramic tiles
- If not properly installed, ceramic floor tiles develop cracks in a few years ago tiles are fragile.
- If you installed a modern heating system, ceramic floor tiles can be quite cold and uncomfortable in the winter.
- Ceramic tiles are hard, and therefore feels very stiff under their feet, especially if you work in the kitchen for long hours. To reduce the impact, you can get some rugs in the intervention group areas.
The cost for ceramic tiles
Apart from the cost of the installation, you can buy ceramic floor tiles for about $ 3 per square meter and higher. Prices vary depending on several factors including the size of the tile, color and design. The prices vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Ceramic tiles can come in custom designs, but these are relatively expensive.
6th You can choose between different designs from simple to classic to rustic terracotta and the checkerboard patterns in the mosaic.
7th Ceramic tiles are glazed, easy to clean. But it can be slippery, especially when you have a wet floor with a pair of shoes.
For the eighth joints and seams lines, you should go for plates of larger size. This will also ceramic floor easier to clean.
Tags: Advantages of Ceramic Tiles
, Ceramic Tile Review
, ceramic tiles
, Disadvantages of Ceramic Tiles
There are no trackbacks on this entry.